So we are clear on the terminology we use, “Personal Information” means contact information (i.e., your name, address, email address, and/or telephone number) and any other non-public information that is used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual, and any other non-public information that is associated with that information. “Anonymous Information” means information that is not used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual.
Children. The Application, Site and Services are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Sites and Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from Users we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Sites and Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. Our Services are designed for parents or guardians and only parents and guardians should use our Services. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal InformationIn general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you. We require certain Personal Information when you register with us, including billing or payment related information so we can process transactions, though some of this information may be transmitted directly to our payment processor or other third party service provider. We also collect Personal Information from you when you make or accept Shipment Requests and otherwise use our Services, including information about your Shipments if you are a Customer. When you send an email or other communicate with Pockitship, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
When you download the Application, we may collect your device type, your wireless carrier, and a device ID and we associate this with your Personal Information, though we primarily use this information to support your account and provide you with Services. Should you chose to provide photos of your order those photos shall become the sole property of the company.
In addition, location-based information may be collected through the Application, including, but not limited to geographic areas and other traffic and transportation-related data. If you are a Driver, the Application will enable us to collect your GPS coordinates during a Shipment. Most GPS enabled mobile devices can define one’s location to within 50 feet. This information will be also associated with the applicable Customer for any specific Shipment. You can choose not to provide us with certain information by disabling this functionality, but this may limit the features of the Application or Services you are able to use. For example, Drivers cannot provide Shipments with this functionality disabled. We collect this information for various purposes including improving and enhancing our Services and for our internal business purposes.
To the extent you post Personal Information in comments in a publicly available area of our Services (e.g., feedback and reviews), it will be available to other users of the Services who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post in any forums or comments.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Application and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Information.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application to your mobile device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use our mobile services(s), and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
How we use the Personal Information we collectOur primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with the Services. We may use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your account;
- Determine your eligibility to participate in the Services;
- Provide the Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems, including between Users;
- Market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest to you, though we will not disclose your Personal Information in doing so (although we allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use the attributes we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements);
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services and Application or
- Send you service update notices, and information based on your communication preferences.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
Our Services are city-specific and can provide helpful information based on where you are. If you tell us where you are (i.e., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may use that information to provide you with location-based information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device, please contact your carrier for more information.
You can opt out of receiving certain communications from the Services such as our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you order, Application and Service related communications (e.g., emails related to your Shipments or comments).
Anonymous InformationWe reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our sole discretion.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
How we share Personal Information with UsersAs you know, our Services are designed to connect Customers and Drivers for Shipments. As such, if you are a Customer, we must share Personal Information about you and the Shipments to Drivers and if you are a Driver, we must share some of your Personal Information with the Customer. You hereby authorize all such disclosures. We request that Users use this information for the purposes of the provision of the obtaining or provide the Shipment and not store this information beyond the duration of the individual Shipment provided. This information does not include billing information. We process payment with a third-party payment processor and then transmit payment to the Driver through our financial banking institution.
How we share Personal Information with other partiesIn addition to the ways we share Personal Information as set forth above, we may also share your Personal Information with other third parties in the following manners:
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information, including as set forth above.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you.
Anonymous InformationWe reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your account by contacting us. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES