If you haven’t heard by now, we’re PockitShip – the on-demand moving and delivery company revolutionizing the way both consumers and retailers ship furniture, exercise equipment and other bulky items across Baltimore and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area! You can receive an instant quote or go ahead and book your order at pockitship.com or through our easy-to-use app via iPhone or Android. Simply describe what you need, whether it’s help with moving to a new house or apartment, moving furniture or heavy items in your existing home, bringing items to a donation center, etc. — and get your request fulfilled in no time.
Sounds pretty good so far, right? We know you have additional questions, and we’re here to answer! Below are some of the most frequently asked questions and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, please visit pockitship.com/faqs or email us at email@example.com.
Question 1: You’ve scheduled your order, but what does a “pickup window” mean?
Pickup window is the designated time our movers will arrive at the pickup location. They can arrive at the pickup location ANY TIME in between the beginning of the 4-hour window, to the end of the 4-hour window. Our flexible 4-hour windows come with a 30 minute pre-call from our movers when they’re en route.
Question 2: How many miles does the standard service include?
- The standard service price includes all mileage up to 25 miles.
- 25- 50 miles is an additional $39.
- 51-75 miles is an additional $89.
- Above 75 miles – Give us a call for a custom quote!
Question 3: Am I allowed to add items to my order?
Absolutely! There are two different ways you can add items to an order. The first way is to call us and we can add items to your order before your scheduled delivery. The second way is once the movers are on site, they can use our state of the art mobile application to add items immediately! We require all items that are added or subtracted from your order to be signed for so you aren’t getting charged extra without your consent!
Question 4: How much does it cost?
- Our pricing is simple and flat rate! Cost is determined by the number of items being moved.
- We have two levels of service:
- Inside Service: begins at $169 for the first item
- Picking up and delivering to an indoor location, such as inside your home or office building.
- Outside Service: begins at $99 for the first item
- Outdoor locations such as curbside, garage, or loading dock. BOTH pickup and delivery must be outside for the outside rate to apply.
- Inside Service: begins at $169 for the first item
Question 5: What’s included with that cost? Rates include the delivery vehicle, labor of a 2-man team, fuel/mileage, basic wrapping, and up to 1 flight of stairs at both the pickup and delivery locations. Standard pricing is valid for orders completed within our service area, booked 2 days in advance, and including single items weighing 250 pounds or less. If your item is heavier than 250 pounds or you need service outside of our service area, please contact us for a custom quote.
Question 6: What’s extra?
- Same Day / Next Day: Expedited services are subject to a additional surcharge.
- Assembly: Disassembly and reassembly can be requested for $49 per 30 minutes.*
- Saturday/End of month surcharge*
- Disposal: Items taken to a landfill are subject to a $45 disposal fee per order.*
*If you need to add assembly or disposal to your order, please call us at 703.229.0400 to book your order.
Question 7: What services do we offer?
We typically move items such as furniture, appliances, exercise equipment, grills, and TVs or other large electronics. Single items heavier than 250 pounds require a custom quote. We can also move your entire apartment or small office! If you need to move something that’s just a little different, call us and we’d be happy to help you.
- Pickup, Delivery & Returns
- Pickup & delivery for in-store purchases, Craigslist purchases, and much more
- Return large purchases to a store
- Small Micro Moves
- Home and apartment moves
- Small offices
- Haul Away & Donation/Disposal
- Bring items to a donation center or landfill
- In-Home Moves
- Moving items room-to-room or between floors within your home
- Apartment moves from one floor to another
Need to move a piano? Send us an email and we can provide a custom quote.
Question 8: What areas do you service?
Our standard service area includes the DC metro, Baltimore, and Annapolis metro areas. If you need to move something outside of our service area, please contact us for a custom quote.
Question 9: Do I have to tip my movers?
Tipping is never expected. We leave it to your discretion if you choose to tip our teams for exceptional service.
Question 10: Can I track my order?
You may view details and updates about your order by entering your tracking number through our mobile app at any time. You can find your order number within the confirmation email.
PockitShip, the on-demand moving and delivery company, is revolutionizing the way both consumers and retailers ship furniture, exercise equipment and other bulky items across Baltimore and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area! For all the details, please visit pockitship.com.